The store can choose to process CVV transactions with the following, store-selected functionality:
If you would like to review our documentation, please select the following link: (Click Here)
- A CVV transaction is started by pressing a key programmed as FSC-83. The SKU light begins to blink to indicate a CVV sale is taking place
- If the appropriate flag is set, the checker is then prompted for the check start and end dates (issue and expiration dates). They should be entered in the format MMDDYY. If the starting date is after today or the ending date is before today, an error message (W0572) is triggered.
- If the appropriate flag is set, the checker is then prompted for the amount of the CVV check. This should be entered with dollars and cents (e.g., 6.00). There is a maximum of $300.00. If the CVV check does not have an amount, enter 1 to bypass this test. IT IS CRITICAL TO ACTIVATE THIS FUNCTIONALITY IN ORDER FOR THE USER EXIT TO PROPERLY CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF THE TAX EXEMPT PORTION OF THE TRANSACTION AND TO HANDLE THE SCENARIO WHERE THE TRANSACTION TOTAL IS LESS THAN THE CVV CHECK AMOUNT.
- If the total for the sale is less than the CVV check amount and the checker enters the CVV check amount for tendering, the amount is automatically reduced to the transaction total so that no change is given. For example, if the CVV check is for $6.00 and the transaction total is $4.95 and the checker tenders $6.00 (CVV tender), the amount tendered is automatically changed to $4.95.
- If the total for the sale is more than the CVV check amount, the customer can pay for the balance due with another tender. The amount over the CVV check amount will be taxed as normal. The CVV amount will not be taxed. The CVV check must be tendered first.
- CVV sales cannot be suspended and recalled.
- The 2127 does not have an item status flag specifically for CVV. Therefore, this user exit provides two options for marking CVV items – the Trading Stamp flag and the User Exit Status 1 flag. Items available for sale in a CVV transaction can be either marked with the User Exit Status 1 flag (at the PLU level) or with the Trading Stamp flag (at the PLU or Department level). If using the Trading Stamp flag to mark CVV items, the Trading Stamp Modifier (FSC-20) can be used to sell an item in a CVV sale that does not have the Trading Stamp flag turned on. In a CVV sale, a non-CVV item will trigger an error W0002 (Prohibited by Programming). The Trading Stamp flag and User Exit Status 1 flag are included on the PLU record via Program 85, Field 3, which defines which status flags are used.
- If the appropriate A/C 260 flag is set indicating that the portion of a CVV transaction covered by a CVV check is tax-exempt, then a deduction is given to eliminate the sales tax on the portion of the transaction paid for by the CVV check (and printed on the receipt). The amounts are collected and available to view on the financial reports (Daily Master Checker file and the Daily Register Financial file).
- If the first item in a CVV sale is a non-CVV item or a not-on-file item, the appropriate error is displayed, but the checker is not taken out of “CVV mode”. This allows the checker to continue with the sale without having to reenter check dates and the check amount. Transaction cancel clears this, if the checker does want to leave “CVV mode”.
- An error W0037 is generated if the checker tries to use a non-CVV tender as the FIRST tender for a CVV sale.
- An error W0037 is generated if the checker tries to use a CVV tender for a non-CVV sale.
- After the CVV sale is tendered, the checker is reminded to request the customer signature on the CVV check, if the appropriate flag is set.
- After the CVV sale is tendered, the checker is prompted to request the customer signature if there were any price corrections made during the transaction, if the appropriate flag is set.
- If an item needs to be included in a CVV sale, but the Status 1 flag is not set, the checker can use the Trading Stamp modifier key to allow the item to be included in the CVV sale. Depending on the override part of Action Code 261, Address 16, this may require supervisor intervention.